Scarab Behavioral Health Services, LLC is a privately owned company providing behavioral health services in the Middle & East Tennessee areas. Scarab is licensed as an Outpatient Mental Health Facility in the Middle and East Regions of Tennessee. Scarab’s Applied Behavior Analysis Program specializes in providing in-home supports to children and youth with a Developmental Disability diagnosis (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Traumatic Brain Injury, etc) and coexisting mental health issues that results in the child’s use of challenging behaviors. Scarab's Adolescent Psychosexual Program specializes in providing in-home supports to children and youth with inappropriate sexual behaviors. Supports are additionally provided to the parents and/or guardians of the identified children and youth.
- Development and training for Crisis situations
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Joint development, implementation and coaching of families in the use of Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Collaboration with school personnel to ensure continuity of care
- Education for the family regarding the child’s disability and the impact on the child’s use of challenging behaviors, etc.
These services are provided in an effort to provide a safe environment for the child and family and to prevent psychiatric admissions. Scarab provides services in the natural environments of the child and his family (e.g. home, school, aftercare program, church, etc.)